The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Elephango is committed to protecting children’s privacy.
At Elephango, we know that online safety is key. That’s why our site complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) to protect personal information relating to children who are less than 13 years of age (“Child Users”).
Elephango does not knowingly permit Child Users to register directly for our Service without consent of a parent or school. In the event that Elephango discovers that a Child User’s personal information has been collected on our site without parental consent, Elephango will take the necessary steps to remove the Child User’s personal information immediately.
Child User Account Creation
- Parental consent is required for all family subscription accounts. For family subscriptions, children cannot create their own accounts. Our site is designed so that children’s accounts are created by the parent, thereby securing parental consent for every child account created.
- Schools may provide consent in lieu of parental consent for the creation of child user accounts. When a school purchases a school membership with Elephango for educational purposes, Elephango allows the school to create child user accounts, and schools thereby provide consent for Elephango to collect personal information from a child user. Schools may create child user accounts by sending an invitation to the child user’s school email address, or by sharing a school or class code with the child user.
- A child’s participation in or access to Elephango cannot be contingent upon the child providing Elephango with more personal information than is reasonably necessary for that participation or access.
- At any time, parents and guardians of a child user may request to review the personal information that Elephango has collected from the child user, request that Elephango delete that information, and refuse to allow any further collection or use of information from that child user. Parents can exercise this right to delete information by contacting Elephango at email@example.com. Parents and guardians of child users using Elephango through a school account can contact their school to exercise their rights.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, register on the Site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and interact with other activities, services, features, and resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and credit card information. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from
Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site-related activities.
Elephango requires schools, districts, or teachers (on behalf of the parents or legal guardians of students under the age of 13) to provide consent for the online collection of personal information of the student under the age of 13 through Elephango. In order to register to use Elephango, students must use an access code provided to them by their teacher.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer, and technical information about the User’s means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Legal bases for processing (for EEA users):
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only when:
- We need it to provide you the Services, to operate the Services, provide customer support and personalized features, and to protect the safety and security of the Services.
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (that is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as research and development, to market and promote the Services, and to protect our legal rights and interests.
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose.
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we have a legitimate interest in doing so, you have the right to object to that use, though in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Services.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Elephango collects and uses Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To send information and updates pertaining to your order and your membership with Elephango.
- To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group utilize
the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site
We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and
feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service
Your information helps us more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only
to provide service for that order. We do not share this information with outside parties
except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To administer content, a promotion, survey, or other Site feature.
To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest
- To send periodic emails
The email address Users provide for order processing will only be used to send them
information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their
inquiries and other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list,
they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or
service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving
future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, and destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over an SSL-secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Your information collected through the Elephango Service may be stored and processed in the United States, Europe, or any other country in which Elephango and its subsidiaries, affiliates, and service providers maintain facilities.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding Visitors and Users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out emails and surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes, provided you have given us your permission.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising and other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites and services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites that have a link to our Site, are subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
How long we keep information
Account information: We retain your account information for as long as your account is active, and a reasonable period thereafter in case you decide to re-activate the Services. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations, and to continue to develop and improve our Services.
Access, correction, deletion
We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to the Personal Data that you may have provided through your use of the Services. If you wish to access or amend any Personal Data we hold about you, or to request that we delete or transfer any information about you that we have obtained from an Integrated Service, you may contact us as set forth in the “Contacting us” section.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.